The leadership of the church is shared by the clergy with a large and dedicated team of volunteers and ministry staff. Each person offers their unique gifts, experience and personality in collaborating to enable the church to fulfil its vision.
We asked the team to answer the following questions:
Their answers are below!
1. Winter's Tale, Mark Helprin
2. Sold a shirt to the Duchess of Kent
3. What shall we do today?
4. On a windswept beach in Northumberland
5. Indian email@example.com
1. A Fine Balance, Rohinton Mistry
2. Once did a spot of stand-up on The One Show
3. Test match or T20?
4. Doing any kind of adrenaline sport: white water rafting, jumping out of planes, hanging off mountains ....
5. Indian. Always Indian.
Wendy's day job is working in research in the health sector. She has been a member of Emmanuel for 14 years. She is also a Trustee of International Needs. firstname.lastname@example.org
David has been at Emmanuel since 1988, and really values that we are a church for all ages and backgrounds. He and his wife Alison have two adult sons. Although this is his second time as churchwarden, he is still learning all the time what the role is about! email@example.com
1. Nathaniel's Nutmeg, Giles Milton
2. At school one of my jobs as Prefect was to monitor Kate Moss's form room
3. Where do the socks go?
4. After a last-minute winner at Selhurst Park
5. Curry (with a good dose of lime pickle)
1. Harry Potter series, JK Rowling
2. My grandparents' house was once used in the Argos Catalogue photograph
3. Why are some people poor and some people rich?
4. At a gig or at home, singing & dancing to VERY LOUD music!
5. I LOVE pad thai - yum
1. The Help, Kathryn Stockett
2. My dissertation is published in a textbook about autobiography
3. What is heaven like?
4. When I am surrounded by my friends and I am laughing!
5. Curry firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Had a costume fitting to play James Cordon's arm double
3. Will England win the World Cup in my lifetime?
4. Last 200m of a marathon
1. His Dark Materials, Phillip Pulman
2. I once knocked out Lee Mead (it was an on-stage accident!)
3. Do you enjoy our worship?
4. On my bike bombing it down a hill
1. The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini
2. My friend Henry wrote the children's classic "Jesus' love is very wonderful"
3. What can I offer?
4. On a long bike ride or walk with friends or family, preferably with the reward of a 'wow' view
[Lucinda is currently on maternity leave]
1. I love a Clive Cussler
2. Appearing as an expert on breakfast TV (GMTV and BBC)
3. What really happened to Lord Lucan?
4. When I'm laughing with family
5. Good Chinese
1. No 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Alexander McCall Smith
2. I am related to Donald Trump! His mother and my mother were from the Isle of Lewis and we are 2nd/3rd cousins
3. Why do you allow so much suffering in the world? (not very original I'm afraid!)
4. In the Highlands and Islands of Scotland
5. Fish and chips email@example.com
1. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
2. I played kiss-chase with Darth Vader's son
3. Creation, how did it all happen?
4. Singing or walking on Dartmoor (or both at the same time)