Emmanuel is blessed with wonderful buildings which enable us to be a blessing to our community.
Emmanuel Church was opened in 1897, funded by the Watney Sisters whose family ran the brewery firm Watney & Co. Over the years the interior of the church has been furnished with high quality sound, visual and lighting equipment which facilitate both our traditional and contemporary worship.
In 2001 the main church building was extended to add the Watney Room, foyer and church offices. The Watney Room is frequently used for church and external events including our creche for under-3s during our Sunday services.
The Emmanuel Centre was opened in January 2018 by the Bishop of Croydon. The project cost £2.13m with funds raised from donations and grants. There is still £245k to raise, please see our Giving page if you would like to contribute.
Located opposite the church, the Centre is a hub of activity helping us to create, sustain and nurture an inclusive community throughout the week, drawn together by our desire to know and follow Jesus.
We want the Centre to serve our congregations and the local community – supporting, transforming, sustaining and inspiring all those who come through our doors.
Whether through hosting long running activities and events, or the creation of new groups and activities, it is our hope that this will be a space that all can enjoy and benefit from.
The Centre is available for regular and one-off external bookings.
All our buildings are fully accessible.