Did you know that 17th June – this Thursday – is ‘Clean Air Day’?
Air pollution affects God’s creation, our climate and our health.
Led by Global Action Plan, Clean Air Day (https://www.cleanairday.org.uk ) aims to:
- Improve public understanding of air pollution.
- Build awareness of how air pollution affects our health.
- Explain the easy actions we can all do to tackle air pollution, helping to protect the environment and our health.
Ways to get involved:
- Reduce your car use on Thursday – could you even go car free for the day?
- Go to https://calculator.cleanairhub.org.uk/quiz for a free calculator to work out your own contribution to air pollution
- Look at the https://lovecleanair.org/ website for South London air quality information and ideas.
- Prayerfully consider ways in which you could change your habits and lifestyle to reduce your air pollution impact on a long term basis – look at the at attached resource for ideas
- Fill out or select a pledge card from the attached resources and share it with others so that they know about it too and may be encouraged to make their own positive changes