‘The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.’
2 Samuel 22:2
Please click here for Ben Jones’ latest video update.
THINGS TO THANK GOD FOR …
- “Emmanuel COVID-19 Care” facebook page providing a link to email@example.com where anyone can receive “mind, body and spiritual” support through our amazing care team.
- Praise God for people like Charlotte and Maddy who are delivering items to those in need.
- Communities which have been built across Zoom including Toddlers’ singalong, book club, virtual breakfasts and dinners, young people’s groups, children’s drop ins and quiz nights.
- Home Groups and Prayer Groups which are meeting to encourage each other, through prayer and bible study.
Clive Lewis-Jones has recorded a more in-depth Sunday sermon. Please click the link below to listen.
Bible Study Notes
If you would like to think further about what Ben talked about in Sunday’s sermon, you may like to use the Bible study notes from our Going Deeper series attached below, on the theme of humility.
EASTER AT EMMANUEL – Thursday 9 to Sunday 12 April
Our Easter services and events this year are solely accessible online as detailed below.
All services and events marked below with an asterix * will be available online via our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/c/emmanuelcroydon
Links to individual services/events will be available via the home page banner of this website prior to each service.
MAUNDY THURSDAY – 8pm
- Sermon podcast* from Jeremy Davies (available via YouTube from 8pm on Thursday)
- Christian Passover Meal (with instructions and words) for families and friends to share at home or online
GOOD FRIDAY – 10am*
Please join us as we hear from various characters whose lives Jesus touched and as we reflect on the sadness and the sorrow, the wonder and the world-changing events of that first Good Friday.
For this service permission has been granted to use the book ‘The Day the Earth Shook’ by Helen Buckley, illustrated by Jenny Brake, published by 10 Publishing. It can be purchased at www.10ofthose.com.
EASTER MESSY CHURCH – Sat 11 Apr 11am*
Join us for Easter Messy Church Online – it will include all your Messy Church favourites: craft, cooking ideas, singing, a Bible story and prayers.
EASTER EVENING PRAYER – 8pm*
Online “Evening Prayer” style service with time for stillness, reflection and prayer.
EASTER SUNDAY – 10am*
Please join us to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and all that means for us and our world. The good news of Easter is more important now than ever!
Maundy Thursday reflection from Emmanuel Prayer Team
THIS WEEK WE ASK YOU TO PRAY …
- for wisdom and energy for our government as they seek to lead us through this pandemic. Pray especially that Boris Johnson will recover quickly and that the rest of his team will be able to be effective in his absence.
- for all those across the developing world who are seeking to cope with Coronavirus and its effects without the infrastructure and resources we have in the UK.
- that Emmanuel would continue to get linked in with other local charities and government initiatives in order that we can play our part as fully as possible as we look after the vulnerable in our local area.
If you or anyone you know needs help, please contact us via:
Tel: 020 8688 6676 (calls are being redirected)