Emmanuel Church complies with the Church of England and Diocese of Southwark‘s policies regarding safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
All children and adults who may be vulnerable (regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual identity) have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
We are committed to promoting and supporting environments which:
- Are youth-friendly and child-friendly and nurture their positive development
- Enable all people to be active contributors to the church community
- Protect all people from actual or potential harm
- Enable and encourage concerns to be raised and responded to openly and consistent
- Ensuring the Data Protection Act is followed at all times with respect to all activities
We take measures to ensure parents/carers photographs and video footage is kept for personal use only, with clearly communicated restrictions on social media sharing.
Safeguarding policies Emmanuel – approved by PCC March 2018
Deputy Safeguarding Officer (Vulnerable Adults)