Hall walls come down
The rebuild has started! The walls are down, the garage is demolished, the old kitchen has gone. Work is on schedule.
Emmanuel Church has committed to this project of £2.26m for the for the 4,000 people in our community who use the Hall each year. We follow the living God who loves us and we share His love by serving others. We are rebuilding the Hall for you and for everyone in our community:
- – women who learn English at ‘Selam’
- – homeless people who sleep in the Hall one night a week during the winter
- – young people with special needs and their carers who come to ‘Waggy Tails’
- – ‘Toddlers’ plus parents and carers
- – men at ‘Saturdads’ with their children
- – retired who exercise and have lunch together
- – elderly holiday at home at ‘Rendezvous’
- – young people at ‘Friday Night Project’, ‘Mission Mayhem’, and ‘The Rock’
- – adults who come to keep fit, play sports at badminton and netball.
Hallelujah – we are so grateful that pledges continue coming in. In the last week we have £10,000, as the result of a deed of variation for a legacy, given by a church member and £30,000 pledged from The Garfield Weston Foundation.
- – Total pledged: £1.8m as lump sums or additional monthly giving over 3-5 years
- – Cash: When we started the fund in April 2016 we had £240,000 in cash. We now have £1,04m in the bank for the Hall.
- – Trust Funds: £133,000 (included in the £1.8m).
- – Interest free loans from members help us with cash flow while pledges come in. £440,000 loans are pledged of which £138, 000 received in the bank
How to give to Emmanuel – information about how to give to the hall project is available on the Giving page of the Emmanuel website: http://www.emmanuelcroydon.org.uk/get-involved/give/
We reopen the Hall in January 2018 and we are already planning!
- – We’d love to hear ideas from groups about an event you’d like to host to celebrate the Hall opening in 2018.
- – Can your group hold a fund raising event and help us close the funding gap a little bit more?
- – Could your school or business adopt the Hall Project as your charity for a year?
Give your ideas to the Hall Development Group. We are looking for ideas that raise the profile of the project and help our whole community get involved.
Thank you all so much for your encouraging and enthusiastic support that makes this project great fun to be part of. Please keep praying!